Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

19 years

Monday was our 19th wedding anniversary, and I love this guy more and more each year.


I was attracted to him the moment I saw him.  And when I heard him speak, he had such confidence that I knew I wanted to get to know him better.  Two years after first meeting him, we were married and 19 years later we are still going strong.
One reason we get along so well (at least in my opinion) is that Kevin is strong in areas I am weak.  He really does complete me.  We are not perfect, and our marriage isn't perfect, but we are understanding of each other and work hard to make things work.  

Alright, enough of the mushy stuff,  here's a little romantic humor for you.




I always struggle with buying gifts for my hubby and lately I've solved that problem by getting him candy.  You can see the cute candy jar I made for him for Father's Day HERE.  And for our anniversary, I put together this cute candy basket.


I got the idea HERE which has quotes to go along with various candies.  I went to the store and bought what I knew my husband would like.


Then I printed out the quotes and attached them to the candies.


We had a lovely dinner and a fun family home evening activity afterwards.  In keeping with our anniversary, we talked about Temple Marriage.  I got out the photo album and let the kids look at our wedding pictures.  I even got my wedding dress and let the girls try it on.  They thought that part was fun, while my husband thought the activity was turning into a girls night.   It was fun to reminisce about our wedding and let our kids know how important marriage is to us.









Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.