Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Travel Toothbrush Holder

This summer hasn't gone according to plan, but that's OK, we're going with plan B.

You see, the Spencinator was supposed to go to a 5 week therapeutic day camp.  After the first day, the camp counselors called me to come get him.  He didn't want to participate with the group much less be in the group.  Not surprising, the kid has autism so of course he hates being in a group.  I would have thought this camp would have been able to deal with it, after all they were a therapeutic camp with lots of other kids on the spectrum.  Anyway, after trying to incentivise him to go, we realized it wasn't going to work out.  So instead of having him occupied during the day for five whole weeks, he's now home to torture his sisters.  Just kidding, not really.  That means I've got to be on the ball and keep the kids busy so there's no time for fighting.  Not an easy task.  

I'm lucky my mom is now retired and has more time to help out.  Every other week she is having one of the kids stay at her house for "Grandma Camp".   They love it and I love it.  Not only do they get some one on one time to be spoiled by their grandparents, but they also get some time to be an only child for a while.  And the rest of us at home get a break from some of the sibling rivalry.  It's a win win for everyone.  

With all this traveling, I've had to pack overnight bags for the kids.  I've been using something I made a while ago to store their toothbrush and toothpaste.


It started out as a regular old wash cloth.  I folded the bottom 1/3rd of the wash cloth up and sewed some vertical lines to make little pockets.  



Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, chapstick and even a comb or brush can fit inside and roll up neatly to pack into their suitcase.  It keeps everything organized and in one easy to find place.







Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.