Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, May 8, 2015

What I've learned from my kids

As Mother's Day is approaching, I found myself getting sentimental and thinking how blessed I am to be a mother of four wonderful children.  I remember growing up and 'playing house' and even in my teenage years wanting to be a mom.  Back then, I had no idea what motherhood would entail.  Even today, I feel like I'm still learning and figuring things out.

I thought it would be fun to think about what each child has taught me.  I used the first letter of each of their names to come up with a word and then expanded the idea from there.

S is for Superpowers.  My first child taught me that I have superpowers like the ability to read minds, and have eyes in the back of my head.  He also taught me that I am stronger than I thought.  I have been stretched - my capacity to love, learn, grown and have compassion has increased because of our adventures in autism.

K is for kindness.  My Sweetie Pie has shown me how to be kind and think of others.  This comes naturally to her and she is such an example to me.  When asked what she wants to be when she grows up she replies, "a mom".  I often say she is a better person than I ever could have taught her to be.  

R is for ready.  Having kid #3 has taught me that I need to be ready for anything.  She is such a fun loving girl, a bit rowdy and rambunctious, but also so happy and loving.  She makes me laugh each day, often several times a day because she'll say or do the funniest things.  I love her high pitched laugh and her confidence.  Life excites her and she is always ready for action.

F is for favorite.  Having a new baby in the house (well, not so new, he's 7 months already) brings a new level of love.  The other kids have someone else to love and willingly take care of.  This interaction has been amazing.  I love how they all get along with the baby.  However, it is very clear that I'm the favorite in my little boy's eyes.  When he cries, often times I am the only one who can calm him down, or I can calm him down the quickest.  Seeing how much he loves me, makes me want to be the best mom I can be.



I feel Mother's Day is a day to celebrate all women, not just Moms.  I know several wonderful ladies who are yet to be a mother or will never be a mother in this life.  They have had a meaningful impact on my children as their aunt, teachers, leaders, and friends.  

Raising kids is a tough job and it's been such a blessing to have the influence of other good women in our lives such as mothers, grandmothers, aunts, and friends - thanks for your love and support.

Wishing all the women out there a Happy Mother's Day!

How will you make your mom happy on Mother's Day?  

Share your time. Share the moment. Make a mother's day happy.

Starting Friday, May 8, join us to see how much time we can give back to moms within 48 hours. Share your moments using #TimeForMom and we will count the hours you are giving to make a mother’s day happy.

To find out more go to http://www.mormonchannel.org/timeformom


#timeformom



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.