Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The RED Washcloth Trick

As I mentioned in my shoe organization post, which was also about all the crazy things that happened as I was trying to organize my kids' shoes, I have a red washcloth trick to share with you.  

Really, I thought I would have been able to get this written earlier but life happens.  Kids have off school, there was a holiday weekend and my baby started crawling!  So now I have to child proof my house.  I still haven't finished child proofing the house from my last baby who is now 4. Hmm, maybe I don't really need to child proof it at all.  I could just watch my baby like a hawk, but with 3 other kids to take care of, I doubt that will happen.  At least I can put him in the pack and play to contain him when I have to leave the room.  See  how easily I get distracted.  Back to point of this post - the red washcloth trick.

My grandmother used this on me years and years ago because I easily got bloody noses.  So when my daughter slipped while getting out of the bathtub and ended up with a bloody nose, the first thing I thought of was to get a red washcloth.


Why a red washcloth?

To hid the blood.  Some kids cry (or cry more) when they see blood.  By using a red washcloth, you can disguise the fact that they are bleeding profusly and calmly get them cleaned up.  

We didn't have any solid red washcloths so I grapped the reddest washcloth we had (a Cars Lightening McQueen one) and used that.  It still worked.  And since my daughter wasn't in hysterics, she cooperated and her nosebleed quickly stopped.  This trick works for more than just nosebleeds too.



Has anyone else heard of this trick?

Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.