Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hoppy Easter Sign and more Holy Week activities

Friday was in the 60's here in PA, I thought spring had finally arrived.   I got out all the summer baby clothes that had been stored in the basement so I could wash them and get them ready to be worn.  My 4 yr old went for a bike ride without a jacket.  I even made an Easter decoration for the mantle.
So imagine my surprise when on Saturday, we woke up to snow.  There was a light dusting on the grass and it snowed off and on throughout the day.  And again on Monday, a few more flurries.  It's been a long, cold and snowy winter here.  I am so ready for spring.  I just had to make something to brighten up the place so I made this "Hoppy Easter" sign.




It was really easy to make.  I used acrylic craft paint, wood, scrapbook paper and vinyl that I already had so this project cost $0!  I painted the wood pink on one side, and green on the back and sides.  I made those bunnies from scrapbook paper cut out with my Silhouette Cameo.  The image I found online and followed THIS TUTORIAL for how to cut your own images using the Silhouette.  I also used the Silhouette to cut out the white vinyl.  I attached it all to the block of wood, using Mod Podge to make sure it stuck.  And voila!  My one and only Easter decoration (for now).

Yes, I know my mantel is pathetic.  I need to add some more Easter decor and make it look more spring like.  And this point, I doubt I'll get to that, but at least I have one bright and colorful thing up there to make me think spring regardless of the weather.





In case you missed my last post with activities to do each day from now until Easter Sunday that focus on Christ, you can click HERE.  For the original inspiration and ideas for celebrating Holy Week, check out click HERE to go over to the Mercy River blog.

On Sunday we learned about Palm Sunday and reenacted Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem.

On Monday we learned about Jesus cleansing the temple and acted that out too.

And today we'll learn about some of the parables Jesus taught.  There are several videos to watch and talk about in this lesson.

I am enjoying celebrating Holy Week with my kids.  We will have to make this a new Easter tradition.

Anyone else doing something special to remember the Savior this week?



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.