Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MINECRAFT Canvas Art

The week before Christmas, we celebrated my son's 12th birthday with a Minecraft themed party.  In case you missed that post, you can check it out HERE.  I showed a picture of the Minecraft canvases I made and I'm back today to show you how I did it.


I made three canvases:  Creeper, Enderman, and TNT

The materials I used were:
canvases
paints
vinyl
painter's tape
paper cutter
Mod Podge

I used 12 x 12 sized canvases.  I had picked up a pack of 7 at a yard sale for $1. 

I also bought some craft paint for $1 or less per bottle.  The colors I used were black, white, green, red and light purple.

I used some black vinyl, the kind you'd use for a Silhouette machine.  Using a paper cutter, I cut the vinyl to the desired size square or rectangle.

CREEPER
To make the creeper, I painted the entire canvas green.  It took 3 coats to get good, solid coverage.
Once that was dry, I added the vinyl. I cute large squares for the eyes, and rectangles for the nose/mouth.  To make sure the vinyl stayed on, I put a layer of Mod Podge over top.

TNT
I sectioned off the canvas into three equal parts using painters tape, and painted the top and bottom red.  I cut vinyl into rectangles and squares to form the letters.  After applying the vinyl, I brushed on some Mod Podge to keep it all in place.

ENDERMAN
I painted the entire canvas black.  Once that was dry, I taped off the eyes and painted them white.  Once the white was dry, I again taped off the eyes and painted the middles purple.


All three canvas are attached to the wall using Command Stripes.

We are getting closer to completing his Minecraft themed room.  All we need is a desk and rug, then I'll do the room reveal.



This post has been linked up to Fluster's Creative Muster link party 108.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.