Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Ivory Soap Experiment

We had a house full over the holidays.  With all those kids, we had to keep them busy.  My favorite way to entertain kids is by doing experiments.  (Must be the scientist in me)

I've seen the Ivory Soap Experiment on Pinterest and thought it would be simple enough to try.


All you need is:
a bar of Ivory Soap
a microwave
a bowl or plate to put the soap in


I put the soap in a bowl and then microwaved for 2 minutes.



For added effect, I made the kids wear safety glasses.


And because I like to experiment with my experiments, we also added vinegar to the soap to see what would happen.  It did bubble up a little.  The kids had fun watching the soap expand as well as playing with it, and I was just glad to have 7 kids happily entertained.


Has anyone else tried this experiment?  I know not everything on Pinterest works out, but this one was a success.







Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.