Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Patio Flower Beds - part 4

Welcome to part 4 of getting my patio flower beds under control.  If you want to see how much I've done, be sure to check out part 1, part 2, and part 3.

This is the end of working on my patio flower beds and I only have 2 more flower beds to go, so I'm in the home stretch.  Whoo hoo!

Here's a series of before and after shots.  Just look at all those weeds, overgrown ivy and even some extra little trees that started to grow in the before shots:
after:
before:
after:

before:
after:

Here's the entire flower bed:


Whew!  What a project.  Breaking it down into smaller parts and taking pictures of my progress was a good way to keep me motivated.  I don't think I worked on any one section for longer than 2 hours a day.  Most days I only worked about 1 hour.  It certainly seemed overwhelming from the start but I got it done and am so pleased with the results.  I still have some bare areas to fill in, I'll probably plant a few hostas since I got some for free and they'll spread out and help control weeds.  Oh, and I need to get some round patio stones / stepping stones for the side closest to the playset so we'll have a walk way of sorts.  And maybe a planter in the flower bed to break things up a bit.

Stay tuned for next week where I'll hopefully have the last two flower beds done and I'll show off the entire project (I think there are 10 flower beds in total).

Anyone else tackle an overwhelming project lately?  What was it and how did you stay motivated to finish?